Monday, April 20, 2009

My thoughts

It was a busy week last week and I haven't had time to sit a dedicate a blog to my wonderful Grandma Ruby. As some of you know she passed away last Monday and I just wanted to write a few things about her. She was a wonderful person and I have learned so much about her this last week. I have very fond memories of her and visiting her growing up. I always loved going to visit her when I was young because she always had cats...now I don't even like them but for some reason she had the best cats. I will always remember her tiny house where she raised her 9 children and how I loved her bathroom...I always thought it was the coolest. It was blue and it had a full wall that was made of mirrors. I loved it. I remember playing outside where her yard seemed so big but now that I am older can see that it really isn't. I always love visiting her because she always played her violin and I remember her trying to teach me and my sisters how to play twinkle twinkle little star. It didn't go well for me. Now that I am older I still loved her little visits...it wasn't as often as it should have but I will never forget how every time I saw her she would tell me that Cam is just too beautiful to be a little boy. She loved me and my family. She was always so soft spoken and I will always remember that about her. There are so many things about her that I love and will miss that I could go on for days but I just wanted to take a moment to dedicate a page for her and always remember what a wonderful person she was and that I believe she is watching over us and wants us to know that she loves each of us too. I love you grandma and you will always be missed!


3 comments:

Nikki said...

Very sweet Shan. I still can't believe how fast she went. I remember her being so soft spoken too. I never heard her yell and I want to be like that.

Amanda said...

I remember grandma Ruby very well. She would tell me and Ryan to play nice. haha. Sorry for your family's loss. I tried to call your mom's house but no one answered and I am so weird about leaving messages. Let everyone know that I love them. Tell your mom hi and I love her so much!

Mandy said...

Dang you I thought I was done crying for awhile! We all need to be more like her!